Friday, January 2, 2009

Scottish Rite

Today was Parker's doctor visit at Scottish Rite. A pediatrician at his doctors office suggested we go there to have them check out P's feet. They are turned in pretty good and they just wanted to rule out "club" foot or anything else.

First just let me say that I loved this hospital! It can be a bit scary to take your child to a children's hospital and see all the sick kids, but every volunteer there was so nice and helpful. The doctors were amazing and the child life specialist had the coolest toy that Parker will be getting this weekend :) (just because he did such a good job while everyone poked and twisted at his little feet)

After their eval the doctors decided that he did not have club feet. We knew he didn't, but still good to hear it from someone with a PhD. I mean, my fashion degree from Baylor is good and all, but I don't think it qualifies me to make a medical assessment. Back to the feet...they want us to try some exercises at home with his feet over the next month to see if we can stretch out the tendons on the outsides of his ankles. Then we will go back to see if it helped. They are fully confident it will work and we wont need braces. So hopefully we have our one month visit and then we are done!

One quick note...a few weeks back I wrote a post titled "My Baby Will Eat Your Baby"...well, they took his measurements today and here ya go...

Weight - 12 lbs 6 oz
Height - 24 inches

um, yes, that would mean that he gained around 1.5 lbs and grew 1.5 inches in 2 weeks. The weight is not such a big jump, but 1.5 inches in 2 weeks!? CHUNK!

Just a quick pic of the nug and his sweet little feet. Don't ya just wanna kiss him?

3 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

What a little doll he is :) I am glad the dr. visit went well! I had to wear a brace between the feet when I was 6 months old for awhile--I'm sure Ann Gibbs could give you an earful on that, but I'm SO glad Parker won't be joining that group!! :) Love you Ebes!

Jaime said...

ahhh there is nothing I love more than baby feet. I still kiss KK's all the time - love the little feet!!

The Brewer's said...

I'm so glad you got a good report! And yea for Child Life!!

Parker is such a little cutie! He and Hudson have matching blankets! Although Hudson could have cared less about being swaddled, so I'm sorry I have no advice for you about that! Hang in there!