Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A few first's

Just a quick blog on a few more "firsts"

Parker's first meeting with Santa


Parker is now grabbing at toys and holding on to them


Helping Dad hold the bottle


Sitting in the Bumbo for the first time


A few other firsts:

* First birthday party...happy 3rd b-day Abbie
* Sleeping in his big boy crib and out of mom and dad's room
* No more sleep positioner

A brief note on the last one: The other morning I woke up to realize that P was a tad bit too quiet in his crib and it was WAY later than he normally slept. When I looked at the monitor I found him no longer in his sleep positioner, but instead with his face smothered up against the bumper on his crib. I still swaddle him, so I am assuming he barrel rolled out of the sleep positioner, and with no hand/arm control he ended up next to the bumper. Needless to say, I shot out of bed saying as many "oh sh*t's" as I could while I ran to his room. When I got there, he was face first into the bumper. When I picked him up he coughed a few times, but was okay. It scared the ever living day lights out of me.

The bumper came off in time for his next nap :)

Next step...no more swaddle...any suggestions on how to break him of that???

3 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

Parker is SO cute at all of his Christmas festivities :) Good luck on the swaddle, that was hard for me with both kids! With both one day we just stopped cold turkey. Miserable! He is such a sweet little boy Ebes!! So cute as Santa :)

Shae said...

Have you tried just swaddling from the waist down? Then his arms are free to push. Aubrey never let us swaddle her so I probably shouldn't even pretend to give advice on this topic!!!

Two Sisters said...

I agree with Shannon and just go cold turkey with the swaddling. Put him in a sleep sack, and gear up for a couple of pretty miserable nights:). But I PROMISE it will be worth it!