So just a quick update to the stolen car incident. They caught the guy last Thursday!! Apparently, there is a "drug house" over in East Dallas that the police have been staking out for a while. Well, on Thursday, they were outside the house watching the activity and they see the stolen car sitting in the driveway. Well, they wait for the guy to come out and when he does they attempt to arrest him. Of course he runs from them (in the car), they chase, and end up surrounding him at the Super 8 in Garland (shout out to Jules). The detective called me on Friday to let me know that the guy had confessed and they would not be needing me to come down to pick him out of a line up. He is currently locked up with a $100,500 bond. Bad news, I will probably get called to be a witness for the prosecution. Andy pulled this guys background and he has been in a lot of trouble in his short 30 years. Felony possession charges, evading arrest, car theft, etc. Glad he is locked up for now. I can sleep a little easier at night now.
OH, and the car was not hurt. He did claim that the carseat in the back was "not there" (he obviously gave it to his baby momma or something), but other than that everything was still in the car untouched.
Yea for happy endings!!
p.s. for those of you that made a comment on my DDD COUUUUNTRY CHRISTMAS sweatshirt...I am just so proud to be a Tri Delt that I could not part with it...or it could be that it is the only sweatshirt I own...no, it MUST be my love for DDD :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my goodness- I am laughing so hard right now at your post- and at the thought of you on the witness stand. I can just see the dramatic telling of the story to the jury...love it!
thanks for the shout out! i also still think of you everytime I drive through Kaufman...
BTW, still have my DDD Xmas fleece thing (black 1/2 zip) and WEAR IT ALL THE TIME!
Post a Comment