Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Break Swaddle...check

Yes, I am happy to report that we are 96.5% swaddle free! He has slept the past 2 nights in his sleep sack. I do still do my 1/2 swaddle at naps (one arm free and the other where he can bust out when needed), but we are slowly easing out of that too. He has started moving all around the crib when sleeping and will end up at the opposite end and completely in the other direction when I go in to get him. He loves to sleep on his side with his arm over his eyes or his thumb in his mouth.

Oh my gosh, I could just eat up his chubby arms. I love the roll on his wrist. I am constantly squeezing his Popeye arms and his fat little hands. MUSHY! love it!


Parker will take his first plane ride tomorrow. We (meaning the ENTIRE family...mom, dad, Jana, Ryan, Abbie, Anna Claire, Andy, Parker, and I) are all headed to Beaver Creek for some snow and cold weather (low is 15 and highs are 30). It should be an interesting day tomorrow. So if you are in need a good laugh, just be at DFW tomorrow to see the mass of luggage we will have with 6 adults and 3 children, strollers, car seats, breast pumps, diaper bags, sticker books, and dad in the corner acting like he wants to slit his wrist. F-U-N! Seriously though, we are super excited about this trip and getting to show the kids what 'real' snow looks like. Let's just hope I can manage to NOT get hurt this time around...Teefa, I am thinking of a large hill and me rolling down it only to be stopped by a tree...does that ring a bell? :)

Lot's of fun posts to come after the big trip!!! (don't even lie...I know you are excited)

4 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

He is so precious when he is sleeping! Can't believe he is so grown up and sitting--I'm sorry he cracked his little head while you took his picture! Sweet boy!

Melissa Darby said...

BUST HIM OUT!! Sack :) hehe

Have sooo much fun! Good luck with all of that. Can't wait to hear the stories.

Jaime said...

ahhh i love the chubs too! I want to squeeze!! and have so much fun in the snow!! we will miss you!

Jennie said...

Have a great trip Erin, but BE CAREFUL! You are a momma now, and we all know that things don't run as smoothly if momma is out of commission!