Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

Thursday - Parker sick. I stay home from work and take him to the doctor. All is fine. Friends, Shelby and Katie, fly in from Birmingham. We have Mary Chris babysit and we all go out for an adult dinner...great food and 3 bottles of wine...pure heaven!

Friday - I wake up sick. We pack up the cars, head to Waco for Will's (Andy and Shelby's friend) wedding. Get to Waco, boys go pick up "Easter bunny" tuxes (see picture below), go to rehearsal dinner. Groom wants boys to go play basketball after rehearsal dinner. Andy plays basketball until 12:30 a.m. Comes back to hotel...Parker wakes up at 3 a.m., I'm sick and can't get my nose to stop running, and Andy then projectile vomits for 30 minutes due to the eating right before playing basketball (something about acid reflux??) 1 box of Kleenex down.




Saturday - Parker's Lolli-Pops (Andy's parents) come in town to babysit for us that night. Take Parker to see Baylor campus, eat at Ninfa's (memories), get ready for wedding. Go to wedding. Wedding has no A/C. Bride cried. They had unity sand...Leave for reception. Stop by "store" to get some wine because reception will have no "drinks" (DON'T JUDGE) and I refuse to drink Waco water. Reception lasts a really long time. I leave early to go get Parker in bed for the night. Andy and "gang" go out after. Box #2 of Kleenex gone.



Sunday - wake up, feels like someone has poured concrete in my nose b/c I cannot breath. Drive home. Box #3 of Kleenex gone. Eat lunch. Take friends to airport. More friends come over to play. Parker and Taylor have fun playing together. Friends leave. Aunt Emily and Uncle Zac come over to bring Andy and I b-day presents. I make Andy a cake. Do 4 loads of laundry. Unpack. Put Parker down. He sleeps through the night (bless him)


Monday - Andy's birthday...wake up, let him sleep in (he took the day off). Feeling much better. On 4th box of Kleenex, but I think this one will last me, but went to Target and bought 4 more boxes just in case. Celebrate Andy's birthday all day. Mom and Dad babysit for us last night so we can go eat a good dinner. Parker sleeps through the night.

Today - I turn 30...more to come :)

Thank you for all of our babysitters! Ya'll have been so wonderful! Also, thank you for all of the birthday loot. Andy and I are so blessed to have such wonderful and thoughtful family and friends.

5 comments:

Two Sisters said...

Aunt E,
Sorry you've had a rough couple of days:(. You look really pretty in the picture of you and Pa-Pa. Happy birthday! I wish I could go skating with you!
XOXO,
AC

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Melissa Darby said...

WRAP IT UP & STUFF THE SACK! :) Sorry about the post-nasal drip- boo!!

shannon houlihan said...

love love the bunny ears :) i was picturing bunny ears using hands (like a peace sign) but that is way better!! :) ha! happy birthday week to the whites!

Melinda Linda said...

Man, you're old! Kidding. Happy birthday!!