Monday, April 20, 2009

Where Does Time Go??


Sweet Parker...as I sit here watching you try and put yourself to sleep on the monitor I can hardly believe that today you turned 6 months old. Where does time go? It seems like just yesterday I was feeding you every 3 hours (oh wait, we still do that)...It seems like just yesterday that you weighed in the single digits and could fit into one of my arms. For someone who had a hard time gaining weight when you were born, you have made up for it over the past few months. You are growing up before my eyes and it makes me sad. I am so excited to see your little personality develop everyday, but I know I will never have those "tiny" moments that are so sweet and innocent. So Bug...this is mommy saying "SLOW DOWN"!! I love you more and more with every second that passes.

Dr. Visit Update:
Dr. Curtis said you look great. She gave us the go ahead to try ALL food, even yogurt, rice and beans, avocado, mashed potatoes. We'll take it slow and see how you do. I did buy you puffs and wheels today and you sucked on a wheel until you started to gag and mommy had to fish hook you to get it out. I think we'll hold off on those for a few more weeks.

This is what I know:

WEIGHT: 20 lbs 10 oz (85%)
HEIGHT: 27 1/4" (75%)
HEAD: 46.9 (90%)

* You are still nursing and you also take a formula bottle. You get both throughout the day and you get veggies and fruit at lunch and dinner.

*You love your sippy cup. I am going to attempt to start letting you drink your milk out of that and see if you can stop a bottle all together.

* You can sit up by yourself, but not unattended because you fall over a lot.

* I bought you an activity table today and you can hold yourself up while standing, but of course I am right there to help out in case you fall or your little knees buckle.

* You saw bubbles today for the first time. The best part of it was Bella eating them. You laughed and laughed at her.

* You can wave "bye bye", but I don't think you really know what it means.

* You LOVE Bella...she is not so in to you right now, but I know she will love you one day.

* You love the outdoors. You will be crying but the minute I take you outside you stop and all is good.

* Every time mommy leaves the room you cry. I love that you love me that much, but it makes for a long day of me getting nothing done. Oh well, at least I get to play with you :)

* You are in your big boy car seat now and love it. You also love to ride in the shopping cart. Lots to see at Target and Tom Thumb :)

Happy 1/2 Birthday Bug...I love you!!!

6 comments:

Tara James said...

Happy 6 month birthday!!! It goes by so fast!

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

awww, that was so precious to read! I hope you keep copies of your blog pages for his baby book or something because the memories you wrote down are such everyday special moments! i love it!

Melissa Darby said...

whatever as i have tears in my eyes!! precious to read, mommy! slow down is right. i couldn't agree more!

shannon houlihan said...

you are such a sweet mommy--when he gets bigger i will tell him how very lucky he is!

Jaime said...

ahhh he has grown so fast!! where have the months gone? Such a sweet, sweet boy!! and I do dig him!!!

The Brewer's said...

Sweet pictures! It's fun to look back!