Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beaver Creek

We had a blast in Beaver Creek. With the ski season being almost over at the end of March we knew the snow would be scarce...however, the day we got there they had a huge storm blow through that dropped something like 24" of fresh powder. It was seriously something you would see in a movie...breathtaking! We did have a few days of sun and warm (low 50's) but for the most part it was lows in the teens and highs in the 30's. Parker did okay, but the altitude and cold weather made for a very fussy, non-sleeping baby. Because he did not feel well he "chose" to sleep in between Andy and I every night and he had to be holding my hand/arm or he would wake up (cuddle bear)...sweet, but I was so afraid we were forming a very bad habit. However, I am happy to report that since we have been home P has slept through the night in his crib and with no swaddle.

Andy and I got to take snowboard lessons for an afternoon and I have decided that I am a better skier than boarder and it hurts really bad when you fall on a board, especially after the roller skating fall I took...I really think I have done damage to my tailbone for good...anyway... I traded in my board for ski's and skied for a morning...however, I quickly realized that, even 5 months after having P, that my leg muscles are no where near as strong as they used to be and I got very tired, very fast. So not a lot of skiing done by Andy and I since P is so young, but we got to go to Vail for a day, Andy went snowmobiling, and we did a big family dinner at Beano's Cabin (a really cool cabin at the top of the mountain in the middle of no where...you have to ride a sled up the mountain to get to it). Overall, it was a great trip, but we are very happy to be home and back to normal.

A few P firsts: due to being locked up one day due to bad weather, I decided to give P pears with his cereal...he LOVES them and now eats an entire jar mixed with 2 tbsp of cereal for dinner. Also, they had a heated pool. The girls went swimming, but I just dipped his legs in. Did not like that at all. I am a bit scared to take him swimming now because his reaction to the open water was very traumatic.

Little snow bug all bundled up on the sled headed up to Beano's Cabin for dinner


The White's at Beano's


Parker and Mom heading out into the snow


The "plip" comes out after I dunk him in the water


Andy and I before board school...notice we are still smiling and pumped up. We were so sore, tired, and bruised when we got back to the condo that afternoon. Not to mention we were on top of the mountain during a blizzard and we all know Ebes does not do cold!


I'll post a few more pics as soon as I get mom and Jana's. They have a few of our entire group that are fun.

8 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

Yall are SO dang cute! P is soooo yummy-- want to eat him up.
CITY BEEEAAAAAVA!

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

i love the lip pout by the pool! priceless! yall are the cutest family ever! can't wait to see you this weekend!

Natalie said...

Thanks for the reassurance E. Hunter never did this waking up all the time thing like Blake is. All I know is, "This too shall pass" is definitely true with babies!!

Yalls trip looks like fun- we skiied when Hunter was one and right after he turned 2. I'm ready to go back and get him out there with us. Should be fun!

The Brewer's said...

So fun! Parker is a precious little snow baby! I love him all bundled up!

And may I say, 5 months post-baby, you are looking fabulous! Even if you do have hidden bruises!!

The Paces said...

LOVE Parker's hat! Sounds like y'all had a blast! I want to go on a trip!! ;)

Jennie said...

Parker is so stinkin' cute! Can he be Avery's boyfriend when they get older? Thanks for the pep talk this afternoon - I needed that!

Jaime said...

oh no the tailbone still hurts :( poor thing!! and he is so stinkin cute all bundled up in the big warm hat!! glad you had fun and are home safely!

shannon houlihan said...

You guys are so cute!! Hehe, love the lip picture!