I called the doctor after I was unable to calm him down after about 30 minutes and they said to come on in. We loaded P up in my car and raced over there. The car ride set him off even more. When I say hysterical...I mean hysterical. Never have I heard this child cry like this before. With 4:30 traffic, the rain storm to end all rain storms, and P so upset, it was a very stressful drive to the doctor.
When we got there, we rushed up to the waiting room. I was confident that the large fish tank might calm him down, but nothing at this point was working. I am sure the FULL waiting room was wondering what in the world had happened to us. He was screaming so hard that they finally took us back to a private room in the back while we waited for our doctors room to open up.
Have I mentioned P is still hysterical. At this point he is trashing back in forth and his front tooth is bleeding. We finally get to our room and Andy gets there, but between Andy, my mom, and I we still can't get him to calm down.
FINALLY about an hour and 20 minutes after all this had started he settles down. The doctor comes in, checks him out, and determines that nothing (that he can tell) is wrong. The only thing we can think of is that when he fell earlier that day he hit his tooth and had some trauma to it and it was hurting him pretty bad.
So we get him a sticker...and he his happy as a lark all the way home. Go figure...
Scared Mommy and Noni to DEATH though.
here is a pic of P (after he had calmed down looking at the nice doctor man)
And THAT my friends is how you end a Monday!!

2 comments:
um wow. good times :(
so sorry you had a rough go but thank goodness he is perfect and nothing is wrong. scary and stressful!
Hey Parker,
My Dr. gives suckers. I've never thought about faking being sick to get one, but maybe I'll do that sometime:). You are so smart!
Love,
AC
Post a Comment