Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cooper Update ~ A Novel By Erin W.

I am finding out that when people would tell me that "baby #2 does not get the same treatment (as far as preparing goes) like baby #1 does" is soooo true. As a baby #2 I never even realized this because my mom and dad did such a great job at making me feel so important. However, I don't know what it was like getting ready for me. My mom has mentioned before that she does not remember much of my 1st year...so I guess that gives me a little insight as to what to expect. Up until last week, baby Coooper was thought about, but no planning had even begun for his arrival. And then the nesting fairy paid me a visit and all hell has broken loose.

First, we'll start with prego stats:
* almost 32 weeks along
* still have feeling in my hands at this point, so that is a huge plus
* not much swelling yet (again, those of you who saw me w/ P at this stage know...huge plus)
* Cooper is very active. I thought P was, but C NEVER stops moving...even at night. * He is head down per my doc at my last appt.
* I think I will need a hip replacement after having C. I think it has something to do with lugging P around (all 30 lbs), but there are days that I can barely walk.
* sleeping is not so much...because of the hip issue, at night, when I lay down, if I lay on the hip that hurts, it hurts more. If I lay on the other side, it hurts more. Stomach sleeping is out for obvious reasons and you are not technically supposed to sleep flat on your back. So I have resorted to sleeping sitting straight up, which is great on my neck. BUT...for the record, I will take this over GD, numb hands, or swelling any day!

on to the nesting... about 2 weeks ago I had a panic attack when I realized that I had no place to put C's clothes and all things new borns need. I have since, ordered a dresser, had it delivered and set up in P's big boy room/play room, moved all of P's clothes over to it, washed all NB, 0-3, and 3-6 month clothes, folded and hung them in the nursery. I have ordered C's baby book, got his scrap book ready to go (side note: I DO NOT scrap book per say. I simply take pics and for the first 12 months of their life, I cut and paste them to a page labeled "month 1" and so on. There are no pretty stickers or fancy decorations used). I even went to Target yesterday and picked up Mylicon and infant Tylenol. There is still soooooo much more to do, but I am getting there.

So baby Cooper...hang in there. Mommy promises (sort of) to get her stuff together and be 100% ready for your arrival in late May

4 comments:

Shae said...

Loved this post! Can't wait for Cooper. I feel the same way- I am 16 weeks and forget I am pregnant b/c I am too busy chasing my toddler around. At least you have a name for the bambino! I bet we still don't have that even figured out when I am 32 weeeks!

Jennie said...

Way to get moving Erin! However, this post makes me realize I have a LOT to do in the next 7 week! I probably should have read this tomorrow morning, and not right before bed time - lol!! Laundry is a great idea, but I guess I need to go buy NB and 0-3m sized boy clothes first!!!

The Brewer's said...

I totally feel ya! It's hard when there is another one running around (literally!) Good luck and I can't wait to see Cooper!

Melinda Linda said...

Don't fret, my friend. It's not about the material things, it's about Mr. C being loved on from the minute he's born.