So Parker just turned 4 months on Friday. Today we went to the dreaded doctor for his well check up and...du du duuuuu...shots. Well, I have been telling P all weekend long that they were coming, but I think maybe I should have let them be a suprise because the little P man was NOT having it at all...and this is how the temper tantrum went down...
Andy took off at lunch to come home to go with us (thank you sweet sweet husband). I honestly don't think I could have handled what went down all by myself. So, we get to the doctor and we lay him down on the table with the crinkley paper to get his height and he starts screaming...not just a little fuss, but a full out "someone is trying to cut my hand off" scream. Next we get him undressed so he can be weighed. All is fine when dad or I have him, but the second dad puts him on the scale...screaming. So the doctor come in, lays him down so she can listen to his chest and, yep, screaming. I mean, we have not even got the shots yet. Geez P man! Ok, so on to the shots. First it is the oral vaccine. He takes it down, but not with out a few screams and gurggles. Next, 2 shots...one in each thigh. Thank goodness he has some yummy, meaty thighs becasue I dont even want to imagine the reaction we would have gotten with skinny legs. I mean, hysterical. I couldnt even calm him down holding him. We put him in the car and he is at the point where he is crying so hard he is not even breathing. I sit in the back seat trying to console him, but I can't help but laugh...DRAMA! Bless his little heart.
Thanks to Jana for the "take the Tylenol to the doctor with you" tip. I gave him a dose right before we left the doctors office and by the time we got home he was fast asleep in his car seat.
So thank goodness that is over and we don't have to go back until he is 6 months. The nurses were like, "oh my...he is very dramatic." ha! wonder where he gets that from?
here are his stats (no fat jokes please)...
Weight: 17.5 lbs (94%)
Height: 26" (80%)
Head: 45.2 (>97%)
sorry no pics right now...I'll take one later on when he wakes up of his cute little bugs bunny band aids.
Oh, and a quick note on sleeping. He woke up at 2 a.m. this morning, but I let him cry for a little bit...and wouldn't you know...he went back to sleep. Miracle! (hey Shannon...THAT'S SOME PIG!!) hehehehehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I know you said no fat jokes, but Holy CRAP! Kidding!
Right after I left a comment yesterday, I asked Chris if he knew Andy and he got this big grin and said, "Andy White? I know him! He's a great guy!" What a small world!! We would love to see you all sometime when you come to NB- we could meet in the middle even! Sounds like your little guy is doing great- aside from the all out fit at the doctor. My boys are definitely always ahead of the curve- and that's just where they need to be!! :)
Oh know! We get 4 month shots tomorrow - hope we don't have the hysterics to go with it! I hate shot day!
It's a miracle pig!!!
Poor poor little Parker. :( Those mean evil shots!!
I am so sorry that Parker threw a fit, but I thank you for preparing me for what's to come in a few weeks!
what a good hubby andy was for coming home to help! just the mental stress of those shot days are enough to drive a momma crazy!
PICK UP YOUR KNEES P!!! He has a healthy head! I love it - smart kiddo...
Post a Comment