Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Baby Boot Camp

Uggg...we are going to have to start baby boot camp this weekend. A week ago, Parker was sleeping from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., what I call "through the night". However, slowly, over the past week he has added back on a 1:30 feeding and now he has decided to add on a 4:30 feeding as well. This schedule does NOT work for a working mom (or any mom for that matter). I had to wake up this morning and down some caffeine to get myself together. I think it is a number of things that wake him up. He is breaking free of his swaddle and freaking out because he does not know what to do with his hands. So, this weekend we will stop cold turkey. I will put him in his sleep sack right before his last feeding (which puts him to sleep) and keep my fingers crossed. I also think that the sucking is soothing to him and he has grown accustomed to the "snack" in the middle of the night. It's gonna be a long weekend, but I am going to psych myself up for it and hopefully by the time I go back to work on Tuesday we are sleeping through the night. **Note to all...you may NOT want to call grouchy Ebes this weekend. :)

And just so you don't think that I hate my baby for never sleeping...here are some fun pictures of him from the past few weeks. He is so much fun and such a happy baby. I crack up at him all the time. His smile melts my heart every time I see it. He is for sure a momma's boy (and I LOVE THAT!)...

I love my mommy

yes she is a rock star...so am I with her sunglasses on!!

yes ladies...I have on my business socks. Check out them thighs!! yummy!

big smiles with my new tray mom bought me for my Bumbo

First time in the jumparoo (thanks Aunt Jana)...I LOVE THIS TOY!!!

3 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

love him in his business outfit!! he is just too too cute...good luck this weekend ebes!!

Jennie said...

Avery has started doing the EXACT same thing at the EXACT same times in the middle of the night. I'll be grouchy with you!

Jaime said...

business socks - ha!! love the throwing the head back laugh too :)