Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sleeping Updates

So last night was the worst yet. This is how it all went down:

* Gave Parker his last feeding at 9:00
* Put him down at 9:30
* Sirens go off at 9:30, get Parker
* Put Parker back down at 9:45
* Sirens go off again, get Parker and head to the utility room because at this point we have no TV to let us know where the tornado's are (and just to clarify, I felt a bit silly actually getting IN the closet so I just stood outside the doorway in the hall. Again, A+ parenting...
* Winds stop, windows stop shaking, rain lets up, put Parker back down at 10:00
* I go to sleep around 11:00
* Parker screaming at 12:30
* I let him scream for about 10 minutes
* Feed Parker at 12:45
* Parker eats for 20 minutes and then decides he does not want to go back to bed
* Finally falls asleep at 1:30
* Parker wakes up at 2:30
* I tell Andy that I am done and it is his turn to deal.
* Sweet husband gets up, gets P, changes diaper, still screaming...
* Makes P bottle...
* P drinks all 4 oz in about 5 minutes
* P falls fast asleep
* I do not go back to sleep while this is going on. Finally fall back asleep around 3:30
* P wakes up at 5:00 a.m.......I let him scream for a bit, but finally go in, pick him up, tighten his swaddle, and he falls back to sleep in 5 minutes.
* I go back to bed until 6:15, then I'm up ready to start my day
* Parker wakes up at 7:00, I feed him, he throws it all back up all over me and him...

So here I sit at my desk (working hard I might add), with wet hair, coffee in hand, at a complete loss as to what to do...I may bring out the big guns tonight...it's called Baby Tylenol :) (joking...or am I????)

7 comments:

Melinda Linda said...

Amen for baby drugs...

Jennie said...

We had it almost as bad! Massive thunder does not mix well with an infant with sleep issues. Poor Avery was so exhausted that she was hysterical. But, you are stronger than I am. I gave in to the tylenol, and we all slept peacefully after that.

The Paces said...

ugh! i'm so sorry erin! you need a REAL drink. not just coffee! :)

shannon houlihan said...

Yes, you need something stronger in that coffee ebes. Something like a margarita perhaps. I am so sorry that happened!! :(

All About Baby Boomerang said...

Wow. That does NOT sound fun. Sounds like tylenol for babies is okay? I will need that download at somepoint. Good thing we are in Texas, and the storms are likely not to happen again that bad for another 12 months (or - possibly 12 days).

Sally said...

oh my...ahhh! hang in there...it gets better! i promise! uhh, when i have another i will be SO OUT OF ROUTINE!! Jackson got up a few weeks ago a couple of times in the middle of the night and i could NOT get up for the life of me!! gah! makes you really take a good night's sleep for granted!
love you friend!

Jaime said...

ahhh sweet Ebes! So sorry for the long night!!