Thursday, April 10, 2008

12 Week appointment

I went for my 12 week appointment on Monday. Everything is looking good. My morning sickness is tapering off and I am getting a little more energy back. It is amazing how just all of the sudden you feel better. I was up until 9:30 last night (such a sac!) ha!! Oh, and I gained a total of 3 lbs during the 1st Trimester. I'm not sure if that is normal or not, but I feel pretty good about it. I know these next 3 months will be a shocker to me...I'm psyching myself up for it now. I have posted a picture of a beached whale at my desk to remind me what I will look like at the pool this summer (joking, but you know what I mean).

WL's heart beat was 174, it was at 173 last week. I read somewhere, after Jana said she thought WL was a girl b/c of the high heart rate, that they have found no evidence of the heart rate showing what the gender is. They said that a heart rate of 170 to 180 at the beginning is normal. Sorry Jana :)

The Almquist family is secretly hoping for a boy. Dad was the youngest of 4 (3 older sisters). Mom was the oldest of 3 (2 younger sisters). Then Mom had me and Jana. Now Jana has Abbie and Anna Claire. We are due for some boys. Poor dad...when Jana and I got married it was like he had died and gone to heaven b/c he now had male companionship at holiday's and family gatherings. HOWEVER...Andy and I don't care at all what we have. I'm just excited to have a baby.

I'll blog more later about some books I am reading. One of them scared the ever living sh*t out of me the other night. DRAMA!

I'll also try and post pics of the growing belly. I actually have a small prego pouch now. NEAT!

love to all...Ebes

1 comment:

The Brewers said...

OMG...don't read those books!! They will scare you the entire time. I started reading them and then realized that I spent all my time convincing myself that every feeling I had meant something was wrong!!!!