I have to write down this sweet moment I have had with Parker the last 2 nights. I am always the one to put him to bed. Something I refuse to give up for now. It is our "special" time together. Every night we say "night night" to everyone in the house, and then P and I go into the room, turn off the lights, and snuggle down into the chair so he can drink his milk. We say our prayers and thank God each night for our family and friends, Bella, the day we had. We ask him to keep us safe, watch over us and give us good dreams. Then we thank him for the day we will have tomorrow. After that, I rock him a little while as he finishes his milk. When the cup is empty, he will pull the cup out, sit up and wait for me to put him up on my shoulder and stand up. I will usually hold him for a while and rub his back while he rests his head on my shoulder. Then I kiss him night night and lay him down. Two nights ago, while I was rubbing his back, he lifts his head, puts his chubby little hand on my face and gives me the sweetest (closed mouth thank goodness) kiss on my lips. Then he lays his head back down. He did this 3 more times...all the while I am melting. I love this little boy so much, but come on...my cup truly runneth over. After a long day at work, cooking dinner, cleaning up, bath time, getting PJ's on (an event), picking up toys...this was God's way of reminding me what I do it all for. And to make it even better...P did it again last night. Man, I am one lucky mommy!!
Baby Bean update...
I am now past the 20 week point. Man time flies. Went to the doc yesterday. Had a sono. Yep, it's definitely a boy. Baby measuring almost 2 weeks ahead. Has 5 fingers and toes on each hand and foot. Baby weighing in about 1 lb now. I have gained 6 lbs so far. At this point with P I had gained almost 15, so you do the math. Nausea has passed. Sleeping sucks. No swelling yet. And I still have feeling in my hands (something I lost about 30 weeks with P). I will do the GD (gestational diabetes) screening at 24 weeks. Prayers that I am GD free this time around. I have been following a good diabetes diet for the most part, but I would love to not have to worry about it...but I will take what I get.
So that's that...I have pics of baby bean I will post soon, as well as pics of me at 20 weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is soooo sweet Ebes! Melts my heart too. Also, I will be praying that your GD test comes back negative. Hope you are doing well!
That is the sweetest ever! I am so glad God gave you that precious reminder. Yay for 20 weeks. I can't believe you are 1/2 way there. Crazy. And lots of prayers for no GD!
What a sweet story!
He is such a sweet boy! Loves his mommy!!
Love those sweet moments Ebes!! So wonderful!
Post a Comment