Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Firecrackers and Tricks Up My Sleeve

HEY GUYS...SCROLL DOWN...THERE IS ONE MORE POST BELOW THIS ONE READ IT FIRST AND THEN COME BACK UP TO THIS ONE...

Ok...didn't want you to get all out of order and stuff. It's still Parker...I'm on a roll tonight. I had a BLAST this weekend. Man does America ever know how to throw a birthday party?!! I got to spend the night with Nonni and Hampaw again while mommy and daddy went out on Friday night. Then when I woke up on Saturday morning Hampaw let me help him decorate his old truck for his parade. How cool are my July 4th PJ's?


THEN I got to go to my house and go watch the Lakewood parade. Holy Cow was it cool! Jack, he's my buddy (you can see him running in the background of the pic), and I got to see horses, old cars, and lots of floats. They even threw candy at me, but mommy said no...(party pooper).


Oh Oh...and THEN I got to go to Lakewood CC and go swimming with mommy and Nonni. We ate lunch by the pool and mommy let me try corn!! It was yummy, but mommy said it showed up in my diaper the next day...whatever that means??

Ok, so it gets even better...mommy and daddy went with a whole bunch of people back up to Lakewood CC for dinner that night and the firework show. We live very close to the CC so mommy was worried I would wake up when the fireworks went off. So...she decided to take me with and see how I did. Since my bedtime is usually 7 and the fireworks did not start until 9:45...I was pretty tired by the time they went off. But I did a great job. The fireworks were really loud and scared me some, but I just cuddled in my daddy's neck and he made it all better. I was home and fast asleep by 10:30 and slept until after 8:00 on Sunday. It was a SUPER FUN day!!

Now...for the tricks up my sleeve...I have been "rocking" for some time now, but on Sunday mommy put a bunch of puffs at one end of the rug and me at the other end and I just had to go get them so I crawled...ALL BY MYSELF!! I was not that good at it the first time, but man o man am I getting good. As if that was not enough...I learned how to go from the crawling position to sitting this weekend too.

So I have this book with a bunch of animals in it. When we look at it mommy asks me where the puppy dogs are...I know what a puppy dog is...I have the best one ever...her name is Bella...anywho...I needed mommy to know I knew what a puppy dog was so I started pointing at the puppy dogs on each page. Mommy didn't believe me at first so she tried it with other things, but sure enough...each time she asked I picked out the puppy dog. She then tried it with a picture of Abbie and Anna Claire and what did I do?? Pointed at Abbie when she said her name and pointed at Anna Claire when she said her name...duh mom!! I might be the smartest baby alive!! (mom told me to write that last part) Harvard...here I come!!

hugs and kisses (I just learned how to give mommy those big, wet open mouth kisses too...she hearts them!)

~Parker

1 comment:

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

soooo precious! i can't believe he is up and crawling now! and he is quite the smartie pants with all his "appropriate pointing techniques!" :)