We had our first (of many) scares this week. Since Parker has began to crawl, he is all over the place. Not only is he a mover and shaker...but he also likes to climb on things and test his limits. Well, the other day Andy and I were lowering his crib to the lowest setting and we had the mattress on the floor. He was crawling on it and when he got to the edge he kept going. This sent him thrusting forward into the edge of the crib. He immediately started to scream and Andy swept him up. I was at the angle where I saw him hit so I knew he hit right on his eye. When Andy pulled him away so I could assess the damage his poor little eye was already swelling and was black. I tried to put a bag of frozen peas on it, but he was not having it. So I got out Mr. Happy gel pack and that calmed him down, but just because it was something to look at. He would not let me put it on his eye.
So long story short...I freak out, Parker is fine within 15 minutes and is loving all the attention he is getting from mommy, and we have our first black eye. I know having a boy we will be in the emergency room more times than I care to even think about right now...
This picture was taken about 10 minutes after the accident. Not the best picture, but you can see his eye is swelling...it is now just a little bump with a good bruise on his eye brow.
Stay tuned...9 month doctor appointment is this Monday...I will be taking bets now on how much he weighs :)
4 comments:
Poor little guy :( Caroline feels his pain. She has already busted her lip 3 times. It's rough being so wobbly!
Poor Parker! I wish I could say it got better, but those boys keep you on your toes! Brady has part of his front tooth missing...that was a fun fall!!!
Poor poor little Parker! He is still cute as can be with his little black eye. Get well soon Parker!
poor baby!
Post a Comment