Monday, November 17, 2008

My baby will eat your baby...


Well, Parker is officially 1 month old today. We went for our weekly visit on Monday to weigh in and I am so happy to report that he is back to birth weight...8 lbs 9 oz...CHUNK!! It took us a little long to get back here, but now that we are here we don't have to go back to the doctor until his 2 month appointment. I guess I'll have to come up with other "outings" on Monday's from now on :)

A few Parker facts for this first month:

* He is responding to sounds and voices
* He really really loves his floor gym.
* He hates his car seat
* He smiles and giggles when he has gas and my mom and I swear we have both seen a "real" smile from him.
* He loves to be swaddled
* The pacifier is our BFF
* He is still not a big sleeper (NEAT-O)

On another note...We went to Aunt Jana's house so Parker could get to know Abbie and Anna Claire better. And while I am sure Abbie and AC LOVE their cousin Parker, their reaction to Jana holding Parker was a bit dramatic...let me explain:

This is Anna Claire in absolute hysterics when Jana was holding Parker


Here she is again crying...this caused Abbie to break into "fake" crying along with Anna Claire...which then caused Parker to wake up and start crying. Jana had to give Parker back to me and hold both girls...Abbie kept crying, "Mommy hold me with 2hands"...ha!


Jana put AC down for a nap and she woke up a new person. She was so sweet to "PaPa" and would pat him and say, "shhhh, shhhh"...I knew she would come to love him once she was well rested. Abbie is still a little unsure, but I think she will warm up to him soon. Thanks Abbie and AC for letting Parker and Aunt E come over to play.

3 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Yea for Parker! He is so cute! We can't wait to meet him in person :)As long as he promises not to eat Caroline, of course.

Jaime said...

ahhh so sweet - love the pic of the 3 of them!! can't wait to see the sweet little chunk on tuesday!

Melissa Darby said...

Noooo, my baby will eat your baby! He's 14.5 lbs-- woah! CHUNKERONI. We need to put the boys in the car together so they can just scream it out.
Can't wait to see him next week!!