Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2 Weeks

It's hard to believe that Parker is 2 weeks old already. Time has flown by and it all seems like a blurr. I am getting used to the "no sleep" thing. Parker is doing better about sleeping at night, but getting him to sleep is a chore. We went to the doctor today for our 2 week visit...here are his stats:

*WEIGHT - 7 lbs 15 oz - he gained 5 oz back since he left the hospital, but we are still a bit behind. The doctor wants to see us in a week to check his weight again. He is 50%tile for weight right now.

*HEIGHT - 21 1/2 inches - he grew a 1/2 inch in 2 weeks so with the growing up and not out, he is all skin and bones. 90%tile for height...he's gonna be a tall one!

Sorry no funny stories yet. All we really do is eat, pee, and poop. We are working on the sleep thing. He sleeps about 12 hours a day and the doctor said babies his age should sleep around 16 to 20 hours a day...LUCKY ME! He did pee on the wall the other day...that was exciting. Oh, and I took him to vote today. Besides the doctor, that was his first "outing" with mom.

We had newborn pics taken last Friday (THAT went well) so as soon as I have proofs, i'll send them y'alls way.

5 comments:

Shae said...

Hang in there girl- I about died those first few weeks so I feel ya! The good news is it gets easier. Aubrey has slept through the night about 5 times now- which is awesome b/c those first few weeks she was getting up 4 times a night! The doctor says once they hit 12-14 lbs they tend to sleep through the night- so hang in there until then! Can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa Darby said...

can't wait to see your pics! carson and i want to bring lunch next week!

Two Sisters said...

Aunt E,
You are doing a great job as Parker's mommy! I'll have a chat with him on the sleep thing. My mom said I have that one down :)!
Love you,
AC

shannon houlihan said...

yay pictures, can't wait to see! love you ebes, you are doing so good! it was so fun seeing you and parker last week!

Jaime said...

ahhh sweet Parker!! Yeah KK never hit the supposed sleep amount until she was like 7 months I think. Especially at this age - amd I worked so hard!! Hang in there - it is sure to get better! Love you!