Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Little Stinkers

Over the past few weeks I have been keeping a list of totally random things that the kids do, thoughts that I have (scary, I know), and funny things the Parker says. I laugh all day long at my kids, but by the next day, I tend to forget what or why I even laughed. So, here a few of the funnies of the White House over the past few weeks:

* Parker is getting very close to being ready to potty train. One of the signs that has lead me to this statement are him doing things like taking off his diaper and peeing all over his room during "nap time" (and nap time is in "" because it is a term used loosely...P does not nap...he just bangs on his door or pees on his floor for the hour I require him to be in there...but that's a whole nother story).

* The other day I broke my rule of "no McDonald's" and went through the drive through to grab us lunch. Me and P both got happy meals (a hamburger one for me because I think their cheeseburgers are nasty...anyway)...when we got home we sat down to eat...after we ate, P looked at me and said, "I pwowd (proud) of you mommy. Ate aww (all) your food." Yes I did sweetheart...mommy was hungry :)

* I'm pretty sure if Cooper could talk these days he would say "DAMMIT PARKER!!! Stop hitting me! Stop taking my toys away! Stop pushing me over! Stop body slamming me to the floor when I am crawling!! Stop hitting me in the head with balls!!! Stop trying to slam my head in the door (and no, saying, "come here coop...I show you something" will not work to get me into the door way)
JUST STOP IT!!! Well insert a "bless his heart" here...I cannot leave them in a room alone together. Miserable!!

* That to say all of this...while P does inflict a lot of pain on C daily, C has learned how to work the system. He now has started squealing like a pig whenever P gets near him (rightly so), but the other day he was in the front of the shopping cart and P was in the basket part and C kept leaning his head back until hit hit P, then he would look at me to see if I saw and then start crying.

* The other day Parker and I were watching a movie and a boat came on the screen. Mommy: "Parker, That's amazing!"
Parker: "no, dats a boat."

* Cooper eats mostly table food now. He will grab anything and everything out of your hand and shove it in his mouth. He does not care what it is, if you have it and you are eating it, he wants it. If I put him in his high chair and there is not food already on the tray, he get MAD and will fuss until I put something...anything edible...on the tray. There are some meals (mainly dinner) where I start hyperventilating a bit just because of the pressure :)

And one more little thing...I went cold turkey quits on the dream feed last night and Cooper slept through the night with out it!! (can I get an "amen"?!!) Let's just pray that it was not a fluke and he keeps doing this. At 10 months old, I still go to bed each night with that sick feeling knowing that I could get woken up at any time in the night. Momma needs a schedule boys!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL! Erin you really make me laugh. I can soooo relate to all of that! well, except for the peeing in the room. Haven't had that experience yet.

shannon houlihan said...

Hehe :) Aren't they precious!!