Monday, March 14, 2011

Bitter Sweet

The Bitter:

We are sick...again. Parker got croup again on Tuesday night. Thank goodness it did not last long. Cooper got sick on Wednesday night and started to refuse to nurse. Thursday, same thing. Just kind of fussy all day, not napping, and not nursing. Thurday night I did not get him down until around 10. (insert pitty party here => It was my bday and I had to cancel my plans to go out that night to deal with Cooper...) Anyway, took him to the doctor on Friday and it turns out he had a sever ear infection. We were on meds for an ear infection, but they weren't working so we had to switch to another med. Now, our sleep cycle is all messed up and we are tired. On top of this, Cooper is now weened. I was so not prepared for this, but I am doing better with the whole transition.

The Sweet:

This is my daily motto: No matter how bad the day is, you always have to find (even if it is just 1) a positive in the day.

The past 10 months have been the hardest 10 months of my life. I am a girl that is running on way to little sleep, missed meals, no time for myself, 2 needy children, and an endless pile of laundry and house chores (I think some of you might relate). So I have found that, even on my worst days, if I pick out one positive for the day and focus on that, then I forget about the bad. I challenge each of you to try this in your day to day routine...I promise, even on your absolute worst day, it will make you feel just a tad less defeated. So, here are my positives for the past few days, or the "sweet" in the "bitter-sweet".

* Parker has started saying "I wuv you" and will come over and grab my face and give me a big ol' kiss (border line french kiss) right on my mouth. And if I try to make him kiss my cheek instead he will move my head until he gets me right on the mouth. And I wonder why we are always sick :)

* Cooper, no matter how sick he is (and this is the sickest I have seen him) he still love to cuddle and he has never stopped smiling.

* Watching my boys make each other laugh. There is not a sweeter sound in the world than them laughing with each other.

* This morning, I had the news on and it was covering the earthquake in Japan. Parker asked if I would turn on the "train moobie" (Polar Express) and I told him just a second. I then began to explain to him what was on TV and why the people were sad...Me: "Parker, those people on TV are sad because their houses fell down. They broke." Parker: "they go to d store...buy batteries for their house." If only it were that simple sweet boy.

1 comment:

shannon houlihan said...

Aw, sweet boy...Ebes you are so positive even after such a hard week!!!! I admire you. :)