Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Adjusting...

We are adjusting good to having Cooper around. Parker is getting more and more used to him and is doing well. At first, he was a terror. He was throwing fits all the time and just plain ol' grouchy most of the time. That has gotten better and he just goes with the flow now and even talks about baby Cooper and looks for him in the morning when he wakes up.

Cooper is doing great. We have had some weight issues with him, just like withe Parker. He was down to 7 lbs 12 oz at his 2 week visit (he was 8lbs 13 oz at birth). Parker did this exact same thing too. So we have started supplementing formula on top of nursing. Right now, Cooper nurses every 3 hours and then I will give him a formula bottle 2 to 3 times a day too. So basically I spend most of my day feeding this little dude. We went back to the doctor a few days later and he was already up to 8 lbs 1 oz...so he is getting there.

I am not complaining though about his eating habits...mainly because he is sleeping really well at night. I will give him a bottle around 10 and then he wont wake up until 2 or 3...sometimes even 3:45ish! Then he Will go back down until 4:30 or 5...So basically I am waking up once a night to feed. HEAVEN! With Parker, I was waking up every hour at this point. P did not sleep through the night until 6 months old and at 2 months, when i went back to work, he was still up 3 times a night...so again, this is HEAVEN! I am sooo thankful that C is turning out to be a little easier in the sleep department. This could change though...




2 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

What a good boy!!! So glad he is a good sleeper so far. :)

Sally said...

awww, so glad he is doing well, eating and sleeping good, and that you are all adjusting well. it takes time...i know. sounds like ya'll are off to a fabulous start!! YAY!