Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Visitors

This weekend we had LOTS of visitors. Andy's BFF's David, Corinne and their daughter Ciara came in from Houston to meet Parker and hang out for the weekend. We went to brunch with the Pace's, did the Aquarium, and had a party at our house on Saturday. Andy, Joel, and David have been friends since high school. These boys are so funny when they all get together. I can only imagine what they were like back in the day at Vanguard.

Andy, David and Joel


Me and Parker at the Aquarium

On Saturday while at brunch I stuck my finger in P's mouth to fish out some foreign object he had put in there and what do I find...I found that the Tooth Fairy had made a visit overnight and P had cut his first tooth (bottom). Ding ding ding...that is why he has been so fussy :)

Lately P has really been enjoying playing in "his area" on the floor. His new thing is getting his toy bucket and taking one thing at a time out, holding it up very close to his "serious" face, and then putting it aside...repeat...with every toy...


What Mom...it's a fun game! (don't know why this pic won't turn?)


And finally...just a fun pic of mommy and P playing on the bed while I got ready...he LOVES his mommy right now. I left the room yesterday to go get groceries out of the car and I mean...FIT...full out, scream at the top of your lungs, stop breathing, crocodile tears fit...NOT OKAY...it was so pitiful, but all I could do is laugh.


Oh, and one more thing to note. He is 95% of the time refusing any sort of food that requires a spoon. He only wants to grab the spoon and look at it. He will stick his hands in his bowl of rice cereal or whatever and just play...so we are moving on to more finger foods. He already eats small bite sized pieces of watermelon, peaches and cantaloupe, but I think we will try more veggies this week and see how he does. Last Friday night I stayed up until 11:45 cutting small squares of food for the week...that's what I call a wild Friday night :)

6 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

He is cuter and cuter, Ebes! I love the picture of you and Parker :)

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

yall are so precious! way to go on the food squares, you dedicated mommy you!

Shae said...

He is just the cutest thing! Aubrey still has no teeth and is 9.5 months old! So I am jealous of his tooth! We need to grow some at our house!

Melinda Linda said...

Ugh...remember when Friday nights meant all-night benders. When did we get old (I'm using a proverbial "we" b/c going to the bar while preggo is SO NOT FUN)???

Jaime said...

he is so darling! growing up so big - looking like a kid!! ahhh

Melissa Darby said...

the pic of you and P on your bed is my favorite! he is soooo adorable. can't wait to see him!