I am officially counting down the days. At this point who knows when it will happen. If you were to ask me 3 weeks ago I would have said I would have had him at 37 weeks or early 38 weeks...because that is what my sister and mom did with both babies. But 38 weeks is fast fading and still no baby. I think my friend Shannon said it best, "i think it says something about their little personalities when they stay 'in' longer than you think they will. they are going to do it their own d@mn way!!". And that he is... (thanks Shannon for the reassurance)
The doctor appointment went good yesterday. His heart beat is good and strong and his is locked and definitely loaded at this point. I have been having contractions, but no real trend as of yet. They are mostly coming every 20 to 30 minutes, but sometimes none at all. I had no progress from last week, but my doctor said that "no progress" does not mean anything. I could go weeks with "no progress" or I could have the him that day. They have no way of knowing...
Sooooo...it could happen today...it could happen over the weekend...it could happen next week...who knows. They will induce after 41 weeks if he has not shown his little face, but they will not do it any sooner. I am fine with that. He will come when he is ready. Whewww...what a lesson in patience this is :)
prayer request: Andy has come down with a nasty sinus infection/cold. He got a Z Pack and is starting to get better, but lucky me woke up with it this morning. I am hoping it goes away fast or does not get worse since you can't really take anything for a cold. Please pray for fast healing at the White House.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Barf, amen to the pizza hut pasta commercials business. Enough already! Kind of like the KFC "bowls" commercial where they basically throw everything they make into a bowl and pile corn and gravy on top and call it darn tasty. Hang in there ebes, and get well quickly!! I am sensing that Parker is going to be a little character. Not sure why :) Possibly the genes from both parents?
Good luck Erin!! I'll be waiting for Parker's first blog post!!
Hi Erin! It's Jane (Wray) Lucas. I am praying for you and your sweet baby boy. I pray that God's peace will surround you these last days and comfort you during delivery. I can't wait to see pictures of sweet Parker.
Erin!!! I am so excited for you! And it WILL be ok :) I was induced at 41 weeks, and had a great experience. I know everyone loves to tell their labor horror stories, so if you want to hear a happy labor story call me...seriously! Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment