Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Tub O' Love and his mess of a big brother

We are doing great these days. Raising 2 children is a very hard challenge, but I am doing better every day. Some days are better than others, and weekends are pure bliss (because of the extra set of hands). Cooper is such an easy baby and only cries when he is really hungry...he just grunts when he is "getting hungry". I am able to put him down, swaddeled and he will usually put himself back to sleep or to sleep. We still don't have a set schedule on eating, but we are figuring it out. Usually every 2 to 4 hours. I am nursing still, but since week 2 have had to supplement with formula because I am not producing enough for the little dude. He is a great sleeper and will eat around 9 p.m. and then go down around 10 and usually will wake up around 3 or 4 a.m. We are up for 45 min to an hour eating and then back down until 6 or 7. The one accomplishment I have acheived is nap time. I have managed to work it to where both boys nap at the same time in the afternoon...which is wonderful for my sanity.


Taking a nap in the swing. Cooper slept in his swing the first month of his life, so now I try to NOT put him in it that much so he gets used to napping in a bed...F.O.B.


We got out the floor mat, which Parker loves...of course. I have to supervise at all times when Cooper is laying on it because at any given time, Parker will run over, lay down, and start kicking like crazy...


Andy was brave and took Parker to see Toy Story 3 with the cousins...and he sat through the ENTIRE MOVIE! Yes...the entire thing! I was shocked!!


Good thing you are so cute because you are a mess right now...This 2 kids thing is a lot to handle, but especially hard with a certain 20 month old who is a challenge every day...but I love you :)


Cross eyed baby...hahahaha!


Like I said...Tub O' Love


Zonked out...


seeing his reflection in the swing...could not get the ear to ear grin pic...


First trip to the Aquarium


Parker and Daddy at the Aquarium looking at the sharks. Parker was really funny at the DWA today. Like I have mentioned before, he has crazy vocabulary, but today he was repeating everything...full sentences or every animal we would say, he would say it back to us and then continue to talk about it...like the Purana's or "awanas". At the end he got to pick out a toy from the gift shop...he chose a snake and a ball. The snake at lunch with us :)

2 comments:

shannon houlihan said...

Love the picture of Parker with the remote--what a cute little imp! And Cooper is so sweet and peaceful in the sleeping pic :)

Melissa Darby said...

Sweet, sweet boys! Aww, so cute! You are doing such a great job!