Thursday, May 13, 2010

YEAAAAAAA....You make me wanna COOP

yes, I just titled my blog after the song SHOOP...Kim and Ashley, that was for you. I have memories of us riding around in Rosie singing that song and for some reason when I say Coopers name, I think of that song...just because it rhymes, no other reason.

Alrighty then...FOCUS, ERIN, FOCUS!!

Went to doctor today for sono and check up. I have moved from a 2 to a 3 in a week. Didn't ask about the "effaced" part. Don't really even know what that means. All I know is that I never left the 2 spot with Parker and now, here I am, 37 1/2 weeks, and already at a 3 with Cooper. I was pretty excited about that. To put it in perspective for you on how I am feeling, when I was induced after 40 weeks with P, I went in to the hospital at dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced. I had my epidural at a 4 and went from a 4 to an 8 in 45 minutes. Soooo...to be at a 3 now and not even being close to 40 weeks yet gives me some hope that I might go into labor on my own.

What does this mean??
I am still scheduled to be induced at 6 a.m. on Thursday, May 27th unless I go into labor before then. Based on my progress, doctor said it could happen. Who knows...babies have a funny way of doing what they want to do on their own time.

The sono was so fun! I had so many sono's with P because of the GD GD (gosh darn gestational diabetes), but with C this was my 3rd. I have not seen him since 20 weeks, my...how things change!! Right now, he is measuring 7 lbs 4 oz. Now to some of you this may seem large. But to me...this is a heavenly number. P was 8 lb 9 oz. and last week they told me C was really big, so to hear this number today made me relax a bit. Now, he can still gain 1 lb a week from here, so if I go 2 more weeks that puts him over 9 lbs, but we'll just pretend for now that this won't happen.

Now for the pics...this little dude has some serious cheeks on him. I can't wait to meet him in less than 14 days!!!

Profile


Face (forehead is on the right)

7 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

Wow, impressive progress! I can't wait to meet Mr. Chubber Cheeks in 2 weeks (or less!!!) Yay!

shannon houlihan said...

I can tell he is very, very handsome :)

The Brewers said...

ahhhhh Rosie!! Gotta love fun Ktown memories!!! and yea for the progress!! Can't wait to see mr. cooper!

Jill said...

Second baby isn't always bigger and for you I hope he isn't! Andrew was 8 lbs 7 oz and Henry and Margaret were each only 7 lbs 6 oz. :)

Can't wait to hear the good news!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for that fun memory! I can think of lots of songs that remind me of Rosie! :)

I can't wait to see Cooper!

Unknown said...

Sorry, didn't know I was logged in as Dusty!

Ashley

Rachel and Ian Kirkland said...

wow! you are on the move, man! hope you have that hospital bag packed!

can't wait to meet little C