Thursday, April 29, 2010

Holy Vocabulary and more

This is a "for mommy" post. Parker's vocabulary is completely crazy. It is like all of the sudden he is saying everything I say and remembering the word. I am so proud. Of course, I've had to watch my mouth since I have been known to say sh*t a few times in my life :)

a few of his words:

bye bye
mommy
dadu (daddy)
go outside
go inside
stinky
amen
aaaaa-CHOOOOO (his fake sneeze)
down
done
juice
milk
NiNi (nanny)
Meme
Noni
Jack (Dack)(next door neighbor)
Vance (down the street friend)
Night Night
bubble
airplane (or some sort of this word. he points to the sky when he hears it)
swing
Bella (Beda)
no no no (done while shaking his finger)
shh shh shh (done while putting his finger over his mouth)
ice cream
sock
shoes
keys
beep beep
two and three (however he LOVES to count to five. He just makes the noises for one, four and five)
TV
baby
cars
trucks
balloon
kick
hot
hat
eyes
nose
head
ears
mouth
I want _______ (sounds like I'nt)

18 month stats:
~29 lbs - 80%
34.5" tall - 95%
head is still at 97%

shoe size: 7

Food:
we have stopped eating almost all food. Grilled cheese and macaroni are out. Pizza is a maybe. Hot dogs are mostly good. Fruit is a no go most days. He will eat bread (white or wheat) and maybe some cheese. He is more of a protein boy now so I can sometimes get him to eat spaghetti with meat sauce or a few bits of chicken, but for the most part he does not eat. The doctor said this was fine and not to worry. He will eat when he is hungry. I am just a little tired of making food that is wasted. I have discovered that if I give him a spoon or a fork he will eat more than if I cut it up and let him use his fingers. Any suggestions on food from anyone else out there?

All Boy:
I have neosporin and "boo-boo" cleaner in all of my bags. We have scraped knees at all times, but he is a tough little cookie. He loves to climb, ride and pull his wagon, shoot baskets, kick the ball, shut doors, hide and seek, swing, slide, mow, and dig in the garden...basically anything that is active he loves doing.
We are in swim lessons now twice a week and he is doing very good. He can go under (HATES it) and even kicks and paddles while I hold on to him. If he is at the side he holds on all by himself (for dear sweet life). Obsessed with eyes. Says eyes while pointing / poking your eye. I fear for sweet baby Coopers safety.

Sleeping:
He is sleeping ok. Has pushed bedtime to around 7:30 or 8 and will sleep until 6:30 or 7 most days. 6 or 6:30 if it is on the weekends (typical)

3 comments:

Melissa Darby said...

Wow, go P! Such a smart cookie. Can't wait to get the boys together on Monday! And he says "AMEN"?! How cute is that?

Two Sisters said...

Tell Parker he needs to work of "Aunt Jana." He is so smart:)!

shannon houlihan said...

Love that he says "Sh..sh..sh". I'm thinking you taught him the correct style on this :) He is so grown up!!