i have them! You know...where your ankle is a big as your calf. Yea, that's me. I have always been a tad bit self conscious about my ankles. They are by no means large, but they could be a little more, for lack of a better word we'll use, concave. Anyway, over the past few weeks the swelling in my ankles and feet has gotten worse. It is now to the point that I am completely disgusted by my feet and ankles. By the end of the day I look down and cringe. And since it is so freaking hot right now in this great state of Texas, all I want to wear are skirts and shorts. (side note: you would think that a 7 months pregnant girl would want to cover up as much as possible...not me...I need the least amount of clothes touching me at all times so I don't get past the "perfectly baked" stage)...back to my point on skirts and shorts...I feel really sorry for everyone that has to witness the mass that I call ankles everyday. Heels would help "hide" the puffiness, but of course those are out for me too since I have balance issues (just call me Grace) and when I break down and do wear them, I swell even more.
So there...I said it...I acknowledged it...I HAVE KANKLES...just call me sausage feet!
kids, and those with sensitive stomachs, please do not look at the picture below. All I can do is laugh at this picture since there is nothing I can do about it. This was taken while in Cape Cod. Andy told me to put my foot up to the clam we found on the beach so people could tell how big it was...niiiice...God love him.
5 comments:
can I just say that I started laughing as soon as I read the title and I haven't stopped!! I love erin's KANKLES!!!!
I think your kankles are beautiful. As for the clam, it was one of the smallest clams I've ever seen. love you
Aunt E,
I would have never noticed...especially with your great taste in fashion. Love you!!!
Anna C.
Oh Erin. I can totally sympathize. With my first pregnancy, I was completely swollen before I was ever in maternity clothes. I swear I went from thigh to foot with no change or definition. I loved the way I could touch my ankle and you could see the imprint.
Hang in there, it will pass soon. I remember when Ryley was like 4 days old I woke up one day and had ankle bones and did a cheer!
Sorry for the longest blog comment ever, but I had to share!!
i think they are neat! so there! :) can't wait to see you SOON!
Post a Comment