Tuesday, February 8, 2011

REwind...

These are a bit late, but I was going through some old pics on another camera and I ran across these. It is a family tradition (ok, scratch that...it is MY tradition) to go get your Christmas tree over the Thanksgiving break. Now, as an Almquist, I grew up going to a tree farm (YES...KIM T...There are such things as a tree farm)and cutting down our tree. It was a big deal! I am all for carrying on this tradition with the boys, but I have given in the past few years because I figure they are to young to remember and it just seems like a lot of work right now with them being so little. Sooooo...Andy and I loaded up the kids, drove a mile away to the tree farm that was set up in the Kroger parking lot, and started shopping around for our tree. Well, long story short, after we saw that the cheapest tree on this lot was well over $100, we decided to drive our cheap butts on over to the Home Depot and get our tree there. $39 baby!

This is Parker trying to explain something to Andy...his hair (bangs) is/are out of control!


Parker saying, "Wook Daddy"...


The White Boys


Waiting on our tree


The perfect tree...


And after our tree died a week BEFORE Christmas...we have decided that we will purchasing a fake tree next year. We will just have to create our own Christmas traditions.

2 comments:

The Brewers said...

hahahaha!! definitely laughing out loud at my desk!!! fun memories!

shannon houlihan said...

Love it :) It's cool to have a tree on your front porch!